Lying in bed late at night checking my emails with my eyes half opened .. when all of a sudden I sit up with both eyes wide open again .. going: Oh gosh!! an award for my blog?! is this for real ? I have been nominated? saying to myself: ok take a deeeep breath Yossra .. let’s read this again before you get too excited .. [reading twice.. three times..] ok Mr. Google, I need you right now!! [typing..] what is a Liebster award ??? [loading.. loading …] slow internet? No .. please not now! [page opening ..] ok here we go … so my friend Google says: the word “liebster” has German origins meaning: dearest, beloved, valued, nicest or pleasant [scrolling down ..] this award exists only on the internet, given by bloggers to other new bloggers to recognize their work and welcome them to the blogosphere basically saying, YOU ROCK !!
A big fat YAY!!
I am honoured ! This is the first award given to my brand new blog. I would like to thank the lovely blogger who nominated me Krystallia, the author of my cooking secrets. I highly recommend you click this link and check her out!
So here you go .. my interview questions and answers:
1. What was the initial to choose your blog’s name/title
Well, I wanted my blog name to describe my passion for food, photography and gardening. It took me a while to decide on one, but I finally did and I love it.
2. What is your recent and upcoming blog project?
This is my first announcement .. I am working on a new website design and a logo… eeeep !!
I started off with a popular WordPress theme recommended by a couple of experienced bloggers as being the easiest and best one for new food bloggers, and it actually is. It has worked perfectly for me as I was (and still consider myself ) technically naïve.. the only down thing about choosing a fixed designer’s theme “in my opinion” is that the blog would look exactly like the demo and so many other blogs around. I figured out that you can only customize it that much, and it would still look very similar to the actual theme, so that’s why I have recently called out for professional help to redesign my website using a different platform and make it look more like me .. gotta tell you, these guys know what they’re doing .. a lot of work is happening behind the scenes as we speak, and I can’t wait!!
3. How would you describe your relationship with food? Name one of your favourite and one dish you dislike the most.
Emm! where do I start from ? I would describe my relationship with food as a fun, happy and healthy one. I am a passionate lover of anything related to food, I sometimes consider my life revolving around food. If I’m not cooking it, I would be eating it, buying it, taking pictures of it, reading about it, or masterminding a concept for a new recipe. I get so excited and inspired just by walking in a grocery store.. totally obsessed!
I love wholesome food, I cook and eat mostly healthy and by healthy I mean balanced, colorful flavorful and delicious meals, but I do have my naughty treats like every one else, which I still enjoy and never felt bad about eating ‘every now and then’.
Very tough to choose one favourite dish but I have a soft spot for pasta, eating it makes me feel comfortable, loved and happy.. My favourite cuisines are middle eastern and Mediterranean, where my roots come from. But trust me I love to try all different sort of food. No dislikes sorry !! but I can tell you one thing about me I don’t eat pork, never tried it, but to be honest it’s probably the only food that doesn’t look very appealing to me for some reason. No offense !
4. Name 2 books or magazines you recently read.
‘Nigella Express’ cook book and ‘Better homes and gardens’ magazine
5. What makes you laugh?
Watching some one fall in a funny way.. how bad is that ? Saying that, Only a few days ago I fell twisting my ankle badly and all I could remember straight after falling is that I cracked up laughing at my self even though my ankle was on fire !! I was jumping on a trampoline .. Can’t say anymore!!
6. Countryside or city living?
Country side for sure. My dream is to live on a farm and grow my own food. Cannot see it happening anytime soon though.
7. Describe a joyful moment of your life.
So many, but holding my first baby in my arms was a pretty special and joyful moment for me, an overwhelming and indescribable one I should say. A moment of mixed emotions .. shock, love, joy, pride and fear. In short, being a mother is the best feeling ever!
8. Do you feel creative?
I do. I believe creativity is running in my family, my mum was and still extremely talented and creative, and my sister is a fashion designer.
9. Fashionista or fasionista free?
I am my own fashionista I believe, and by that I mean I love wearing what suits me the best whether in fashion or not doesn’t bother me. A lot of people say that I have my own unique style. I never buy a brandy top just for the name, I might buy it for the quality but it has to suit me and my body shape. I love comfy clothes in general, so I’m not too heavy on high heels, in fact I sometimes make a scene when I wear them plus I have to have a normal pair of shoes in the car just in case I twist my ankle in them. So you would probably see me more in my gym clothes and runners, but I do have my moments when I feel like dressing up a bit. So answering your question emmm .. I’m not too sure now! am I a fashionista?
10. Pick one of the social media platforms. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest? Why did you focus on that, is it your favourite platform?
Facebook. I have confessed before that I am technically naïve, and Facebook is the first social media platform I’ve ever used, I am getting used to the others slowly. I will get there soon!
I nominate the following for the liebster award:
My questions for my nominees are:
- What does your blog mean to you?
- Is blogging your full time job? if not, would you give up your job for blogging?
- What’s your biggest challenge these days?
- What talents do you think your fortunate to have?
- Do you have time to read other blogs? if yes mention two of your favourites.
- Do you consider yourself an organized person? why?
- Chocolate or vanilla ?
- How do you recharge your batteries, in other words how do you like to relax?
- What is the best decision you have ever made?
- Who would be your role model in life?
The liebster rules: read more about the Liebster award here
- Once nominated, make a post thanking and linking the lovely person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker (like the one above) in your post.
- Nominate other new blogger with less than two – hundred followers who you think are worthy of this award & let them know they have been nominated. (p.s. you may nominate the person who nominated you.)
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you and then make ten questions of your own for your nominees.
- List the rules in your post (copy & paste).